Thursday, June 15, 2006

Polaroid Image Transfers





The first project for this class is done!
Polaroid Image Transfers. Where the polaroid film is exposed in a miniature enclosed enlarger that you can use in the day lab. The negatives I used were slides that I took with a manual camera. After the polaroid is exposed it is peeled apart before it has a chance to develop. And the negative side (the one with all the dyes still on it) is placed onto a piece of watercolor paper. If the paper is wet beforehand the dyes run together a bit and it sort of looks like a watercolor painting.
My sister is a ferrier, so I went to work with her one day at a barn that was close to home. I took lots a pictures of her working, and the horses. The barn lent itself to very atmospheric photos. I enjoyed watching my sister work. The weather was pleasant. And the horse owners were very friendly. Their daughter hovered around my sister, I think she wants to be a ferrier too. It was a nice day all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home