Thursday, July 06, 2006






Today is our due date for Cyanotypes! The color is Prussian Blue, very dark and rich in tones. The chemistry is mixed by hand and coated on paper using brushes or glass rods. The paper is dried then exposed with a negative. We printed our own negatives off the ink jet printer onto transparencies. The exposure was done outside in the sunlight. So depending on how sunny it was or how many clouds there were the times changed. I didn't even try to time them, I just went by what color it changed into. I had a few that turned out OK. Here are my favorites... For the Photogram I used a negative of seagull in a sunlit sky and placed feathers on top to make it look like they were falling out of the sky. The Rooftop image I handcolored with watercolor paint. Both photos were originally taken on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco. The two unmanipulated prints were taken in Las Vegas outside the Venician Hotel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Cyanotypes, they turned out just beautiful

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home